On behalf of our entire team, we would like to welcome you to ProEst. An industry leader since 1976, ProEst software is used by more than 8,000 construction firms across the globe. We are excited to add you to our growing client list and are committed to streamlining and improving your company's estimating process.
After 35 years of experience developing and implementing estimating software, we've learned what works, what doesn't and how to get the fastest return on your ProEst investment. Although every implementation is unique, we have prepared this ProEst Implementation Guide as a best practices roadmap for achieving success with your new software.
ProEst Implementation Meeting
The first step in your ProEst software implementation is the Kickoff Meeting. This telephone planning and discovery meeting is designed to eliminate surprises by establishing expectations, identifying aspects of your company's implementation that may require special considerations, answering any questions you have and setting important dates.
Who Should Attend
The capabilities within ProEst extend the value of your data well beyond estimating. While estimators are often considered to be the primary ProEst users, the valuable information generated by the software can also be utilized by your company's upper management, project managers and accounting staff to improve decision making, job costing and the purchasing process. To ensure that the ProEst software setup and reporting configurations meet the needs of every stakeholder, your Kickoff Meeting attendees should include:
- Your chief estimator and other estimating staff
- A member of your IT staff if applicable
- An upper management stakeholder
- A project manager or operations staff representative
- A member of your accounting staff
- Anyone else that needs to access or utilize your ProEst data
What We Will Cover
At the Kickoff Meeting, we will:
- Identify who will be involved in your implementation, including the project lead for your company and your primary ProEst implementation contact
- Discuss your current estimating system and needs so we can address these needs during your implementation and ensure that ProEst meets all of your expectations
- Outline the type of work that your company performs so we can customize your ProEst materials database and training
- Discuss data migration and develop a plan for importing your estimating data from another estimating system or Microsoft Excel into ProEst
- Identify and plan for any other data migration needs your company has, such as importing vendor, client and subcontractor lists into ProEst
- Talk about your accounting system and the technical requirements for integrating that system with ProEst if needed
- Discuss your company's specific reporting requirements, including the need for custom reports
- Schedule a date and time for our technical support team to install your ProEst software
- Establish your ProEst "Go-Live" date and create a timeline for the remaining steps of your company's implementation
We will contact you soon to schedule this important discovery session and kick off your ProEst implementation.
Prior to your ProEst installation, our technical support team is available to:
- Review specifications about your company's server, workstations, and laptop computers
- Determine if our support department needs to assist your staff with the installation
- Setup an installation date and time if necessary
ProEst System Requirements
- Pentium® 4/Xeon or comparable processor over 2GHz processor
- Compatible Operating Systems include Microsoft Vista, Microsoft Windows 7
- At least 5 GB of fast and reliable storage space
- At Least 2 GB of RAM
Other ProEst System Notes
- Installs SQL Express 2005 automatically
- Compatible with Microsoft SQL Server 2005 or 2008, Express and Desktop Editions
- Microsoft Windows Server® 2003, 2008
- Only Compatible with GTCO digitizers with USB connections
To prepare for your ProEst installation, please complete the following tasks:
- Download and review the ProEst Installation Guide. This easy-to-follow Guide will walk you through every step in the ProEst installation process.
- Download the ProEst software.
IMPORTANT: When prompted, choose the "Save As" option to save the file to any location on your local computer, but don't try to "Run" the installation from the Internet prompt.
NOTE: The first time you launch ProEst, you will be prompted to enter a serial number and user logon credentials. This information will be provided to you via e-mail prior to your installation date.
- Download and review the ProEst Getting Started Guide. The ProEst Getting Started Guide will walk you through the various system menus and functions to give you a complete understanding of the software and how it helps you creating profitable, winning bids.
The Installation files and support documents are available at the following link: http://www.proest.com/Installation
Once ProEst is installed and your database is configured, we will work with your team to complete the data migration elements identified during the Kickoff Meeting, integrate ProEst with your accounting system, refine and customize your ProEst reports and complete any other implementation deliverables that have been established.
ProEst is backed by a team of highly-trained professionals with the construction and software experience needed to deliver top-rated training services designed to maximize your software investment. To provide a realistic learning environment, training is performed using your own company's data.
Once your ProEst installation is complete, our training staff will contact you to schedule your first class and determine who will attend. ProEst training should be completed before your company's "Go-Live" date.
Our training options include:
- Web-Based Training
The Web-based ProEst training course gives you access to quick, personal training without having to leave the office. The course is divided into five one-hour Web-based classes, with additional time available if necessary. After-class tutorials, which must be completed prior to the next class, promote progressive learning of key ProEst functions.
- Classroom Training
Classroom training at our San Diego headquarters is designed to give you the personal attention needed to quickly become productive with your ProEst software. This training is presented in a hands-on classroom environment where each attendee has a computer to practice what is being taught. This program ensures a complete understanding of the functionality and use of ProEst.
- On-Site Training
On-site training provides a customized ProEst training program designed to fit your business needs. The time schedule and curriculum is based on your computer and estimating knowledge. On-site training is completely customizable, and places our ProEst training staff at your disposal.
Post Implementation Meeting
After your ProEst training is complete, we will contact you to schedule a Post Implementation Meeting. Like the Kickoff Meeting, this is an important step in your company's implementation process and will help us improve our service delivery.
At the Post Implementation Meeting, we will:
- Gather overall feedback about your implementation process, including installation, training, data migration, custom report writing and so forth
- Discuss and schedule additional or ongoing training needs
- Address any open issues your company has related to your estimating needs and your ProEst software implementation
If you have anything that needs to be addressed before the Post Implementation Meeting, our Technical Support team is here to help.
ProEst Technical Support
Your ProEst subscription provides worry free maintenance that includes unlimited telephone and e-mail support.
To access ProEst Technical Support, select one of the options below:
The fastest way to get your ProEst questions answered and issues resolved is to submit an online Support Case at the following address: www.proest.com/support
You can also contact support by phone at (858) 312-8911. Support hours are Monday – Friday, from 7:00am – 4:00pm Pacific Time.
You're just a few steps away from experiencing the power of ProEst, a cutting edge estimating application that delivers unparalleled estimating speed and accuracy.